RCM-R Brown Belt Certificate – Experienced Facilitator
Reliability Centered Maintenance is the top method for formally defining effective failure management strategies for physical assets in their present operating contexts. It has been well-proven to be highly successful in achieving cost savings, production increases, safety, and environmental performance improvements. Basic RCM complies with the standard, SAE JA-1011. RCM-R goes well beyond that compliance with several enhancements. RCM-R® takes a fresh look at a proven and highly successful method for determining failure management policies for physical assets. It complies fully with SAE standards, JA-1011 and 1012 and the re-engineering we’ve applied takes it beyond what those standards require – it is enhanced. Students earn 1.0 CEUs upon successful completion of this training.
The “RCM-R Facilitators Handbook” is downloadable for enrolled Blue Belt students. It is the only required textbook, but students will find our Yellow Belt textbook very handy. Students here must already be certified as RCM-R Yellow and Orange Belts (experienced analysts) through our training or equivalence. Our textbook is: “Reliability Centered Maintenance – Re-engineered, Practical Optimization of the RCM Process with RCM-R(R)”, by Jesus Sifonte and James Reyes-Picknell, 2017, CRC Press, New York. If the student does not already have a copy of the text, it can be acquired from the publisher here: LINK TO PUBLISHER, or from various other online technical booksellers.
This certification attests to the achievement of RCM-R Yellow Belt, Orange Belt, Blue Belt plus facilitation of no less than 2 RCM-R analyses. Evidence of those certifications and completed analyses must be provided for this Brown Belt certification. Evidence is uploaded as copies of certifications and completed analyses with a letter attesting that the candidate did indeed facilitate those uploaded analyses.
Other useful references are:
- “Basic Reliability Management”, by James Reyes-Picknell, 2020. Click here for link to purchase ebook (EPub, Kindle or PDF) or printed soft cover copy.
- “Maintenance, Replacement and Reliability“, by Prof Andrew Jardine and Prof Albert Tsang, 2013.
What Will I Learn?
- Improve and enhance facilitation skills through practice.
- Gain insight into handling analysis situations.
- Learn how to estimate RCM-R projects.
- Learn how to prepare and execute RCM-R projects.
- Learn about the follow-on activities that ensure you achieve results.