- Please note that this course has the following prerequisites which must be completed before it can be accessed
- RCM-R(R) Yellow Belt Certificate
RCM-R Pilot Projects (2) by up to 5 analysts
To earn an Orange Belt in RCM-R you must first earn the Yellow Belt. You do that by taking and passing our RCM-R Yellow Belt Certification course. In that course students learn the RCM-R method. Quizzes are used to reinforce the learning. Candidates who have taken the course have demonstrated a very good grasp of RCM-R concepts and how to apply them. The Yellow Belt certificate declares that they have been trained and passed the knowledge requirements.
The Orange Belt certification builds on that learning with the completion of two (2) facilitated RCM-R projects. At least one of those submissions must be facilitated by a certified RCM-R facilitator (Brown Belt) or Instructor (Black Belt). Both submissions will be reviewed by one of our instructors (Black Belts) to ensure it meets minimum analysis quality requirements for your Orange Belt. When completed you will be awarded a certificate declaring your Experienced Analyst (Orange Belt) status.
This product allows for up to 5 individuals to be certified for the one price. Analyses are performed in teams. You will learn in the Yellow Belt training what skills are needed in those teams. Your analysis meetings are not limited to 5 persons, but that is the normal size for a team. Team-members being named for Orange Belt certification must all have completed and achieved the RCM-R Yellow Belt Certification.
This offering includes the MS Excel spreadsheet, with various worksheets needed for recording your analysis (you don’t need expensive software), our review, and feedback on your completed effort (for two analyses). The analysis work for each project will be submitted as an “assignment” and reviewed by an RCM-R Black Belt (instructor). If both pass that review your team of 5 named candidates who participated in the analysis will be granted Orange Belt status.
Our RCM-R textbook (not included, must be purchased separately) contains all the content covered in depth. The book is, “Reliability Centered Maintenance – Re-engineered, Practical Optimization of the RCM Process with RCM-R(R)”, by Jesus Sifonte and James Reyes-Picknell, 2017, CRC Press, New York. If the student does not already have a copy of the text, it can be acquired from the publisher here: LINK TO PUBLISHER, or from various other online technical booksellers.
Other useful references are:
- “Basic Reliability Management”, by James Reyes-Picknell, 2020. Click here for link to purchase ebook (EPub, Kindle or PDF) or printed softcover copy.
- “Maintenance, Replacement and Reliability“, by Prof Andrew Jardine and Prof Albert Tsang, 2013.
What Will You Learn?
- Gain an understanding of RCM, its origins, and the relevant standard governing all RCM methods.
- Understand the RCM-R method and how it enhances the basic RCM method
- Gain insight into what it takes to be truly effective in a maintenance program
- Gain practical experience with all aspects of the RCM-R method
- Gain an understanding of the requirements to achieve top results from RCM-R
- Gain an understanding of how RCM-R can be leveraged to produce a variety of benefits for a modern operation
- The completed course exercise on a real and critical system from your own operations that can be used to improve your operational availability
RCM-R Project Assignment
Walk through of completed RCM-R analysis23:52
Pilot Project Assignment #1 with Templates
Pilot Project Assignment #2