RCM-R Blue Belt Certificate – Trained Facilitator (e)
- Please note that this course has the following prerequisites which must be completed before it can be accessed
- RCM-R(R) Orange Belt – Experienced Analyst (e)
This course is for a single RCM-R analyst who has earned her/his Orange Belt through equivalence and is joining a class of colleagues who have earned their Orange Belts through our training and are now taking the RCM-R Blue Belt course. NOTE that this is not for an individual training course.
Reliability Centered Maintenance is the top method for formally defining effective failure management strategies for physical assets in their present operating contexts. It has been well-proven to be highly successful in achieving cost savings, production increases, safety, and environmental performance improvements. Basic RCM complies with the standard, SAE JA-1011. RCM-R goes well beyond that compliance with several enhancements. RCM-R® takes a fresh look at a proven and highly successful method for determining failure management policies for physical assets. It complies fully with SAE standards, JA-1011 and 1012 and the re-engineering we’ve applied takes it beyond what those standards require – it is enhanced. Students earn 1.0 CEUs upon successful completion of this training.
This course is taught live in virtual format (using Zoom, MS Teams, or other online delivery methods) and comprises some 8 hours of formal instruction. There is ample opportunity for live interaction with the instructor who will always be an RCM-R Black Belt. The course includes a downloadable copy of our “RCM-R Facilitators Handbook”, a 70-page book with tips and handy information for facilitating your analyses and for getting the results from RCM-R that are often missed by organizations who do not have certified facilitators. After the instruction, the students must successfully complete a 2-hour long exam. When completed (and passed) the Blue Belt certification is awarded.
The “RCM-R Facilitators Handbook” is downloadable for enrolled students. It is the only required textbook, but students will find our Yellow Belt textbook very handy. Students here must already be certified as RCM-R Yellow and Orange Belts (experienced analysts). They will most likely already have our textbook, “Reliability Centered Maintenance – Re-engineered, Practical Optimization of the RCM Process with RCM-R(R)”, by Jesus Sifonte and James Reyes-Picknell, 2017, CRC Press, New York. If the student does not already have a copy of the text, it can be acquired from the publisher here: LINK TO PUBLISHER, or from various other online technical booksellers.
Other useful references are:
- “Basic Reliability Management”, by James Reyes-Picknell, 2020. Click here for link to purchase ebook (EPub, Kindle or PDF) or printed soft cover copy.
- “Maintenance, Replacement and Reliability“, by Prof Andrew Jardine and Prof Albert Tsang, 2013.
What Will I Learn?
- Learn advanced RCM-R concepts and topics.
- Learn facilitation skills.
- Gain insight into handling analysis situations.
- Learn how to estimate RCM-R projects.
- Learn how to prepare and execute RCM-R projects.
- Learn about the follow-on activities that ensure you achieve results.